WHO WE ARE...
We are a group of senior professionals with an extensive track record in a variety of organisations. Our consultants come from three worlds: management, union, and 3rd parties, including both public and private sector organisations. We know how to make collaboration work because we live it every day.
We have several years’ experience developing and supporting initiatives to create respectful, harassment and discrimination-free, and psychologically healthy and safe work environments.
We have done so by:
- collaboratively developing and implementing workplace mental health policies, frameworks, strategies and programs,
- collaboratively guiding OHS teams in the process of workplace hazard assessments,
- coaching leaders and teams,
- mediating interpersonal and intergroup conflict,
- delivering customized workshops on mental health for senior leaders, managers, supervisors, union leaders and staff.
Most important, we facilitate gatherings that bring all stakeholders together, creating environments allowing for difficult conversation, better understanding of common issues and values, and the creation of goals, objectives and actions toward the implementation of Psychological Health and Safety in the Workplace.
We have worked in, understand and appreciate the world of Business and the Federal Public Service - the perspectives of ‘senior leadership’, ‘middle management’, ‘front line supervisors’, ‘unions’ and ‘employees’, the dynamics between regional offices and Ottawa, the interplay among central agencies and departments, and the characteristics and challenges of policy, regulatory and operational environments.
- We are capacity builders, helping our clients understand the strengths, challenges, gaps and opportunities for improvement. We roll up our sleeves and work to help you recognize what is working well and connect the dots of your successes.
- Our approach lies largely in our capacity to bring all stakeholders together to learn, listen and gain a better understanding of the important and complex issue of improving psychological health and safety in their workplace.
- We engage leaders at all level of your organization, building on their understanding that creating a healthier workplace is every employees right and responsibility; helping them create activities that target changing the workplace culture, as well as related health and safety practices.
- We collaboratively work toward attainable goals, objectives and action plans and facilitate meaningful participation of all employees, supporting forward movement, ongoing dialogue, evaluation and next steps
- We inform your decision-making and strategic/action planning through our cross-sector: knowledge, skills, experience, and by leveraging the networks of influence within every domain of organization from employee, union stewards, supervisors, managers and senior leadership.
- We provide a service that is flexible, creative, custom built and evidenced-based toward creating a workplace culture that provide optimal capacity for employees to succeed.
- We use a variety of proven methods that deliver on-time and on-budget projects.
OUR APPROACH OUTCOMES CREATE:
Organizations that have developed a foundation for the governance of psychological health and safety - Leadership
Organizational stakeholders collaboratively developing an engagement strategy, focused on openness and inclusion of employees supporting psychological health and safety in the workplace during all stages of planning, implementation, review and remediation - Engagement
Empowered Leadership, both formal and Informal, with the knowledge, tools, and skills to build a solid foundation that supports a mentally healthy workplace - Education, Training, OHS and Workplace Practices
Joint Management/Union mental health policy statement disseminated through a communication plan that is responsive to all level of the organization, respectful of organizational diversity, and allows for sustainability and continuous improvement; fostered in a Four Steps Communication Approach: Plan, Do, Check and Act - Communication
An organizational Mental Health Benchmark and Action Planning process, established in collaboration with OHS, HR, Employment Equity and ICMS - Measurement and Accountability